Finite Element Analyst (closed)
Role Overview: Finite Element Analyst
At least 4 years experience in FEA
Contract Type Either staff/contract
Indicative Day Rate: Attractive Market Rates ? depending on experience
Our client is looking for a Finite Element Analyst for their team in London.
You will work on subsea pipeline projects in many challenging locations including the North Sea, the Arctic, West Africa, the Mediterranean and the Caspian.
Technical challenges will include water depths up to 3.5 km, product temperatures ranging from -190 to 160 deg C, corrosive products, composite materials, ice bergs, tsunamis, land slides, scour and cyclones.
You will be applying the latest limit state design methods including pipeline burst, collapse, propagation buckling, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, spanning and on bottom stability.
You will help prepare engineering proposals, techno economic studies, technical reports, material specifications, equipment requisitions and drawings.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Undertaking structural and thermal FE analysis of subsea pipelines and structures with Abaqus.
· Performing finite element modelling of different pipeline stress conditions such as on bottom stability, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, walking and fatigue, free spans and VIV assessment.
· MSc or PhD in FE related subject desirable.
· 5 years post first degree or 4 years industry experience.
· Knowledge of finite element modelling in 2D and of FE software.
· Experience with analysis techniques for oil and gas pipelines - subsea and onshore.
· Familiarity with finite element analyses using Abaqus on desktop machines.
· Ability to explain and report results.
· Experience in 3D solid modelling (desirable).
· Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques.
· Knowledge of pipeline materials, insulation methods, composite pipe types.
· Hard working and honest.
· Open attitude and willingness to tackle new tasks.
· Willingness to work as part of a team.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in an engineering environment.
· Can demonstrate initiative but know when to ask for help.
· Exhibits engineering common sense when problem solving.
· Technically challenging work.
· 12 monthly appraisals and pay reviews.
· Opportunities for international travel.
· Pension plan (with company contribution).
· Relocation support (where applicable).
· Comprehensive professional development training program.
· Payment of professional subscriptions.
· Competitive salary packages.
Please register and apply online for this role or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deep Water Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency for this Role.