Senior Program /Project Manager
Hi Are you good fit for this job? for Senior Program / Project manager, CT location..Please let me know to given contact details 973-481-0100, xtn: 3152 or you can email esumes to Sharath.email@example.com
Job ID : 27094
Job Title : Senior Program /Project Manager
Duration : 12 months
Location : Stamford, CT
Description :This position will be directly responsible for managing a large, multi-year program with a budget of $70M+. The role will be responsible for managing multiple key vendors, coordination of efforts from the vendors and the internal development teams, as well as communicate and engage with senior level stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Project Initiation and Planning
• Establishes relationships and works closely with the Business Relationship Manager, Business Stakeholders or other internal customers to understand their IT needs and requirements.
• Assists in the initiation and channeling of new project requests through the Demand Management process, ensuring key stakeholder participation early in the process and throughout the project life cycle.
• Coordinates work effort determination for estimate collection.
• Facilitates and works with IT Teams, Stakeholders, Vendor and IT Finance to gain financial project approval (MSR), and Capital Committee approval where applicable.
• Where applicable, assists in prioritization and strategic planning (road maps).
Project Execution, Monitoring and Control.
• Accountable for overall project delivery.
• Ensures consistent project execution/delivery by providing direct hands on management of projects and project leadership while maintaining project controls.
• Understands and ensures compliance with the Application Delivery Methodology (ADM) across all projects (auditable).
• Manages and updates project work plans and drives the necessary project control points (resource plan, budgets, risk and issue logs, planning assumptions, milestones / deliverables, change logs, phase reviews, defects, intra/inter-project dependencies). Drives and ensures compliance with change control process for scope, schedule, budget and other project changes to meet evolving business needs.
• Collects and analyzes project progress and performance and implements corrective actions as necessary.
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
• Clearly identifies, communicates and proactively manages project critical path, and escalates appropriately.
• Provides clear unbiased insight to project status and health via timely, objective and accurate reporting
• Provides project recommendations (start, stop, hold, continue) PMO Standards and Processes
• Assists in developing, improving, and enforcing PMO standards and processes in conformance with industry best practices such as PMI and CMMI standards as well as policies.
• Ensures PMO standards and processes conform to and meet key Stakeholder and internal Customer expectations
• Each project manager on the team will own a stewardship area to drive PMO project maturity and capability through standard processes and best practices to deliver predictable results
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS. In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
• Demonstrates, instills and recognizes key values of a high performing team, including trust,
respect, collaboration, accountability, and execution;
• Collaborates on company and industry best practices such as PMI and CMMI across the
teams, and ensures knowledge is leveraged across the PM, development and business teams.
Identifies and implements initiatives to increase the engagement index of the team;
• Represents PMO to the broader Starwood organization to communicate and demonstrate our
• Delivers ad hoc reporting on projects and participates in and/or leads IT level initiatives to
improve engagement scores, and to strengthen our culture. Evaluates and coaches team
members. Provides mentorship to newly on-boarded team members.
• Actively communicates and celebrates success within PMO, project teams as well as overall IT
• Improves and sustaining team morale in the day-to-day work environment; instilling fun where
appropriate to improve productivity.
Thanks & Regards