Chief Underwriting Officer, Singapore (Ref. CUO/WW) (closed)
This job involves driving and optimising the performance of the underwriting portfolios for all classes of business in the Singapore business, to deliver the required contribution to business performance in terms of growth expectations and profitability. You will spend your time working across the businesses to understand the markets, customer proposition, assess risk to enable the development of effective underwriting and operating plans.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the business stratregy and performance targets.
- Identify, develop and deploy the appropriate technical resources and support to meet the needs of businesses.
- Continuously review, develop and improve underwriting and technical business processes (manual and automated) to optimise operational efficiency at business levels.
- Contribute to the development of business customer value propositions, bringing knowledge of the market, its risks, and underwriting and claims trends.
- Directing the development and management of risk and product propositions, that optimise local business opportunities.
- Effective oversight and control of underwriting risks, and reinsurance cover in line with agreed policy, risk appetite, commercial goals.
Working in a mature and highly competitive market such as Singapore, it will have its challenges as you look to achieve profitable growth for both new and renewal business. It will also have its rewards as you look to shape the technical capability of the team and at the same time develop segment & customer propositions. Always looking for new and better ways of doing things, this role is ideal for those that strive for excellence and seek constant improvement in our business delivery.
To apply, please forward to us your update profile in MS WORD FORMAT to William Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Information gathered will strictly be used for recruitment purposes only.