Project Manager (closed)
The Project Manager will drive the engineering and development teams to create the newest and most impressive products to hit the market.
The Project Manager will report directly to the Engineering Manager to coordinate multiple and complex project schedules, and will be responsible to oversee creation and maintenance of project charters and schedules. The Project Manager will be responsible to direct and manage the activities of assigned technical and support resources under the direction of the Engineering Manager and Senior Leadership Team. The internal customers of the Project Manager include the Senior Leadership Team and individuals from throughout each department affected by various projects.
It will be the responsibilty of the Project Manager to recognize, identify and facilitate the resolutions of problems and conflicts, in addition to reporting project activities, progress, issues and concerns on a regular basis.The project manager position serves to identify and resolve conflicts that occur in a positive manner throughout the company.
The essential functions of the Project Manager are as follows:
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional teams consisting of primarily internal employees and possibly some external vendors.
- Maintain daily contact with all levels of departments which are directly involved in or effected by current projects.
- Utilize tools, such as MS Project software, to set up of project plans, communicating data, tracking and analyzing project schedules and resources for new product and major product enhancements or improvements.
- Oversee and coordinate weekly cross-functional project meetings.
- Oversee and coordinate regularly scheduled upper level reporting to Senior Leadership Team.
- Oversee and coordinate milestone reviews and approval meetings to acknowledge and document agreement of activity.
- Recognize and initiate resolution of potential conflicts to ensure they are resolved quickly and completely.
- Establish and continue to develop or improve product development procedures.
- Participate in new Program Management (Product Development) activities.
- Strong organizational, leadership, analytic and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability of organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects.
- Good personal characteristics and attitude to maintain a positive environment and relationships.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Computer proficiency in MS Project or equivalent to generate schedules and reports.
- B. S. degree in Program or Project management, a degree with technical or engineering emphasis is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability of successful Program or Project Management in an engineering environment.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience as a program or project manager or a project coordinator
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/wayneperrett