Manufacturing Engineer (closed)
This position requires creativity, analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as being experienced with new product development, production launch and production support activities working with heavy metal fabrication, welding, and assembly processes. Responsible for process and tooling designs; developing a plan for every part; documenting such things as processes and work instructions; and implementing, optimizing, and testing processes to ensure they are capable of producing high quality products safely and efficiently. This person will also be responsible for identifying, justifying, proposing, and implementing capital equipment.
- Oversee and be directly responsible for new product development activities such as:
- Participate or lead design reviews to ensure design for manufacturability concepts are being followed
- Conduct manufacturing print reviews with other ME’s or shop personnel to ensure documentation supports manufacturing activities.
- Be directly involved in all prototyping activities
- Determine tooling and fixturing requirements and develop process verification plans to ensure process is safe, produces a consistent product that meets all design requirements and meets established production requirements.
- Develop routings, labor standards and bill of material information for new products
- Responsible for developing production launch plans and to oversee pilot and pre-production runs
- Training of shop floor personnel on production of new products
- Lead Process FMEA exercises and 3P events in evaluating new products and processes
- Develop and maintain workplace layouts to improve material flow, material presentation, ergonomics and efficiency.
- Develop product cost estimates for new and/or modified products
- Develop and maintain routings and bill of materials
- Develop, implement, and maintain equitable standards
- Develop methods for measuring work performance against standards
- Develop and maintain standard work and detailed process work instructions
- Develop standardized documentation
- Implement method changes that reduce costs
- Training and auditing of operators to ensure processes are robust and produce desired results.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement replacement or new technology (equipment and processes)
- Develop capital justification for purchase and installation
- Lead implementation and installation of equipment and technology
- Participate in and lead Lean initiatives
- Determine, prioritize, and implement cost savings, quality improvement, safety and ergonomic improvement projects and activities
- Develop and implement production/process methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner.
- Initiate, track and implement ECO changes to ensure appropriate follow through actions have been taken.
- Work with cross-functional groups, including Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Purchasing to solve complex problems and improve process reliability and reduce overall costs
- Provide support and trouble shooting for current operations. Investigate, gather and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Take a lead role in shop consumable management
- Assist operators and shop management in understanding new technology
- Supervise activities of ME interns on an ongoing basis
- Other related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good computer knowledge – MS Excel, Word, Outlook, MRP systems, 3D CADD software
- Strong blue print reading skills
- Strong Quality skills at establishing well controlled and verified processes
- MRP experience
- High technical and analytical abilities
- Positive attitude and a willingness to be helpful throughout the organization
- Strong leadership skills
- Good project management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge in the use and application of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Professional Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/wayneperrett