Construction Manager - Irving, TX, Fiber Project (closed)
Are you stuck in a job where you’re not being challenged? Are you ready to make an impact in your career? Unlike large Fortune 500 companies, we at Commdex not only encourage you to think outside of the box, but allow you to actually LIVE outside the box! Instead of your ideas falling on deaf ears, you will have access to the CEO/executive team to brainstorm your ideas. And with our size, we can finish implementing ideas before larger organizations have had a chance to put together a committee to evaluate the idea. Get out of that dead end job and join a stable, entrepreneurial & 100% debt-free company where initiative is encouraged and results are rewarded!!
We are in the business of helping our customers integrate their telecom networks. We do this by designing and implementing mission critical voice and data networks over LTE, microwave, land mobile radio and other technologies. We have been recognized by Inc 500 as one of the “50 fastest growing telecommunications firms in the US”. With the kind of growth we have had, the opportunities for your career growth within the firm are endless. Come join our team, if you are ready for something different.”
Description of Duties
- Manage the contractors for the Fiber Installation Project and conduct site walks/ assist in developing site designs
- Support in developing project documentation necessary for submission of Contract Design Review
- Develop and monitor timelines coordinating the broad scope of activities representing RF Engineering, Network Engineering, Site Acquisition, and Construction Management.
- Coordinate with Architectural/Engineering firm throughout the design process: review and approve drawings.
- Create strong customer relations and communication to ensure that the link between the Motorola and its client is maintained by providing timely, tactful and accurate information.
- Coordinate all activities between customer, program management, RF Engineering, and any subcontractors.
- Oversee the construction bid process, review bids internally and participate in the selection of General Contractor.
- Manage the pre-construction process between A/E firm, General Contractor, and Motorola personnel to produce effective site designs.
- Perform administrative tasks related to contracts, purchase orders, bonding, permits, invoices, and lien waivers.
- Oversee multiple sites from start to finish. Manage and coordinate site acquisition, engineering and construction to schedules and budget.
- Provide status reports including spreadsheets, memos, and scheduling documents to other managers as required.
- Interface with Program Manager for project planning and potential problems and respective corrective action plan to insure project completion according to set parameters.
- Interact with customers and hold status meetings as necessary to keep all parties updated.
- Maintain accurate information necessary to effectively respond to questions and issues regarding a site. Ensure that time and work order documentation is current, accurate and complete.
- Attend weekly planning meetings and provide weekly status reports of all project milestones to Motorola.
- Direct the project to completion, ensuring that all activities, including site acquisition, permitting, construction, equipment installation, system testing and acceptance etc., are coordinated and completed on time.
- Perform site inspections, prepare list of corrective action and verify installation is completed to Motorola’s R56 standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a Full time Salaried Opportunity with a 100% Paid Benefits!! For immediate consideration, please email email@example.com.