Director of Purchasing (closed)
Director of Purchasing
Our client is a leading Engineering firm in the midstream industry. They are seeking to enhance their Procurement Group with the addition of an experienced Director of Purchasing. It will be your responsibility to drive cost savings through well managed Procurement Practices. The successful candidate will bring proven leadership in contract management, procurement and supply management in support of company wide Strategic and Tactical goals. In addition, you will be responsible for managing all functions and resources of the Procurement Department, including procurement of materials and services, subcontract administration, vendor surveillance and QA, expediting, logistics, and warehousing activities.
- Work with the Business Development group up front at the project development stage.
- Work with the engineering departments to drive supplier and component standardization.
- Work with the Project Management group to develop Procurement Plans for each project, manage engineering and vendor deliveries to ensure they support construction and operation schedules.
- Develop supplier QA program to manage subcontractor quality.
- Develop Expediting procedures to ensure the business has accurate vendor delivery dates at all times.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Company procurement policies and procedures.
- Assist with development of project procurement execution plans.
- Monitor performance of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Maintain Company’s approved vendor/supplier/subcontractor lists.
- Manage allocation of procurement resources to projects.
- Previous experience as a Director of Purchasing for an Oil and Gas Engineering company.
- Proven experience leading a team of purchasing professionals with new innovative procurement/inventory methods with the key focus on departmental efficiencies. Proven experience in contract management and administration.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Superior negotiation skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required (business or technical degree preferred).
- NAPM Certified Purchasing Manager preferred.
Since 1995, PathFinder Staffing has been a leader in oil and gas recruiting industry. Visit our web site atwww.PathFinderStaffing.com for more careers in the Oil and Gas Industry or call us at 888-253-8323 to talk to a Recruiter today.