Senior Linux/UNIX Administrator-Sunnyvale, CA
Title: Senior Linux/UNIX Administrator.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract.
Interview Process: Telephonic + Face - face
Note: Back Ground Check will be done for the last 7 years.
System Admin - LINUX and UNIX with STRONG Networking and Systems Engineering Skills
- · In this critical role, you'll utilize your rare combination of UNIX systems experience, network knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and coding sensibilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational processes.
- · The ideal candidate is a technical generalist with skills ranging from production systems/network management.
- · This position requires experience in systems administration, with development experience and performance tuning being a plus.
- · Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of systems
- · Work independently on assigned projects, being willing and able to ask for help when needed and escalate problems as they arise.
- · Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
- · Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
- · Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability and maintainability of our systems
- · Identify and triage outages, monitor and remediate systems and network performance
- · Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
- · Function as a key member of a cross-functional team to address new product deployment, system performance, capacity planning and SLA compliance.
- · Available to Participate in a 12x7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- · BS in Computer Science, BSEE or similar experience
- · 2+ years experience doing project oriented systems administration
- · Extensive system administration background
- · Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
- · Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Apache, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
- · Experience using scripting languages to perform complex automation in a large-scale environment
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Experience working with development teams
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- · 5+ years experience with Linux (RHEL a plus)
- · 5+ years experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
- · Experience with network designs, protocols, and troubleshooting.
- · Strong programming skills in one or more of: C, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java
- · Experience with SQL and commonly deployed database systems
- · Experience with high volume websites and deploying services to international audiences
Send response to email@example.com