Warehouse Specialist (closed)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Specialist at Lake of the Ozarks
Are you an experienced Warehouse Specialist a history in material management ? Do you have forklift, shipping, receiving, and inventorying experience?
Do you live or would you like to live at beautiful Lake of the Ozarks, MO?
The Warehouse Specialist responsibilities include:
- the receiving/posting of all packing slips, invoices and purchase orders as well as the filing of documents pertaining to the items procured for the construction and/or modification of transmission pipelines, distribution systems, facilities and appurtenances for the Lake of the Ozarks construction.
- Serves as liaison with corporate procurement department regarding the transferring of invoice and purchase order data to the accounting department for payment of goods and services obtained.
- Serves as on-site warehouse coordinator of materials working with corporate procurement department to ensure proper inventory management of materials.
- 2 to 4 years previous warehouse experience
- No felonies
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Be a non-smoker – we work with natural gas!
Essential Functions include:
- Works closely with procurement, project managers, engineering, district management and vendors by collecting packing slips and invoices following the purchase of materials, equipment, and services required for the successful completion of construction projects ranging from small (less than $1MM) to large (up to $100MM) scale.
- Process purchase orders by matching items procured with the packing slips and invoices into the Summit Utilities purchasing system.
- Pinpoint discrepancies with packing slips and invoices pertaining to cost, quantity, tax and freight.
- Contact Vendors with minor discrepancies while notifying the Procurement team.
Job Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
- Experience managing materials for a construction project
- Practical knowledge of construction methods.
- Proficient in the use of the suite of Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must work well with others as the position requires a great deal of collaboration with many departments within the company as well as vendors/contractors.
Educations and Work Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Associates degree in business-related studies and/or finance preferred
- 2-4 years previous warehouse/procurement experience
- Purchasing experience preferred
Compensation $27,000 to $30,000
This forward thinking company fosters a great working environment. They have ambitious, talented and driven people behind each facet of their business--all pulling together for a common goal. Their benefits give their team peace of mind and include benefits normally associated with this level of position.
If you an Warehouse Specialist with 1 to 2 years’ experience in the utility industry and are looking to join the fast growth natural gas industry, submit your resume today!
Key Words: warehouse, forklift, shipping, receiving