Technical Engineer (Onsite) (closed)
To provide applied safety consultation, technical support and quality assurance services for the client in the areas of specifications, standards, regulations and research. To provide outstanding technical and testing client service support to the client and their vendor partners.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead technical portions of client meetings, presentations and seminars and develop and deliver service line training presentations for client and supplier seminars.
- Participate in meetings with the client to introduce and explain BV's services in the appropriate service line.
- Analyze customer inquiries and patterns of service requests that fall outside the scope of BVCPS services and estimate market potential and possible operational impact for BVCPS.
- Partner with the Business Development (BD) and Account Management (AM) to ensure the successful integration of new services for existing clients and assist with technical input for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Engineering Background is a must.
- Must be technically competent in the area of safety, quality, regulations, standards, and requirements relating to consumer products.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to interpret technical information and translate into common terminology.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify client needs and priorities and make adjustments to his/ her job function in order to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure to handle crisis situations and balance several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with others internally and externally (including both clients and competitors).
- Must possess strong work ethic and excellent client service skills to ensure effective, responsive client interaction (internal and external).
- Must be personable and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field required.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in Hardlines,Internal Audits, and Inspections
- At least 2 years’ experience in design, testing, quality assurance/ control of consumer products.
- At least 2 years’ experience in related consumer products manufacturing, marketing, product development is desired.
- Business Development experience a plus
- ASQC CQE certification preferred.
Please apply online @ www.us.bureauveritas.com Job # 1794