Mechanical Engineer - Body Hardware
Eicher Engineering is a full service engineering company headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI servicing our customers across the US. We are currently looking Mechanical Engineer - Body Hardware
- Investigate and make countermeasures for current production field issues (5 projects).
- Engineer and design body function hardware (“kino parts”) which includes window regulators, door locks, wipers, sunroofs, mirrors, hood, luggage and fuel hinges and locks, etc.
- Work closely with Team Members to get direction from them on each issue that is identified, and provide daily reports to them about your progress.
- Make and keep schedule, develop design changes and issue drawings and associated paperwork for engineering changes.
- Manage suppliers: plan and follow-up their schedule (parts evaluation, design study and design change implementation) and confirm their meeting of the company performance requirements.
- Report status daily to leaders (verbal) and weekly to management (written), and support regular status reports to project management. Also, prepare and present monthly reports of each project status.
- Report all new issues timely to leaders.
- Investigate cost & mass reduction ideas and implement the engineering changes as directed by Engineering Team Members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Understanding and application of standard engineering theory, principles and problem solving techniques.
- Provide evidence of analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Provide evidence of ability to effectively coordinate projects.
- CATIA V5 capability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with suppliers, design and management.
- Previous automotive internship or co-op experience preferred. Previous work experience highly preferred.
To be considered, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. No relocation available, local candidates preferred.