.net Developer for right-to-hire opportunity (closed)
New York, NY
60/hr w2 - 100K Conversion rate compensation
Our client located in midtown Manhattan seeks a Web Developer for a 6 month right to hire opportunity as a Web Application Developer. If interested, please forward an attached MS Word resume and rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate business requirements and prepare detailed specifications.
- Develop web applications and services for a website and for integrating functionality with various back office systems.
- Consult with users and make recommendations to ensure business requirements are met, designs are efficient and projects implemented on time.
- Implement and follow all security methods and procedures required to safeguard any information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Investigate and resolve technical difficulties and problems that may arise on projects.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipate and identify issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implement corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Research new technology available and recommend technical and architectural improvements.
- Other related duties.
- BA/BS degree required. Technology discipline desired.
- 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Experience developing multi-tiered web applications with C# ASP.NET 3.5/4.0
- Experience with eCommerce transaction based services, including information security and credit card processing.
- Experience with Commerce APIs or engines; Microsoft Commerce Server a plus.
- Experience with using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server 2010.
- Understanding of OOP and design patterns. MVC a plus.
- Experience with IIS 6 and 7.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Strong relational database skills. SQL Server development experience including stored procedures a must.
- Experience with WCF, WPF, Expressions Blend, Unit Testing a plus.
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to delivering excellent quality product on time. Demonstrable experience of participation in high-profile, business-critical applications.