Corporate Secretary / Paralegal (closed)
Our client is an aerospace and engineering business whose corporate offices are situated in San Antonio, Texas. From humble beginnings over 60 years ago, they have grown and evolved into a group which now contains four major operating companies whose underlying businesses embrace manufacturing, engineering, sales and repairs within the aerospace industry.
In partnership with our client, we are looking to identify a Corporate Paralegal to assume responsibility for a number of critical legal and administrative functions. You will be expected to manage these with limited supervision and to be self-sufficient in your day to day activity.
The Paralegal position assists the Corporation in its legal responsibilities with respect to the following:
- Handling corporate books and records.
- Formation of corporations and responsibilities which may relate to the maintenance of corporate status.
- Dealing with corporate tax issues and liaising with the IRS on corporate tax matters.
- Staying abreast of corporate and business law developments as they relate to the client's business.
- Managing matters which relate to corporate governance
- Corresponding with external legal counsel and corporate counsel;
- Tracking cases.
- Providing information for discovery.
- Gathering information available for the Vice President of Technical Services.
- Tracking case budgets.
- Assisting and providing coverage for the administrative assistant, and assisting all Executives with any duty that be may assigned.
- Responsibility for and /or involvement with corporate insurance matters.
In order to be recognized for this role, you will meet the following requirements:
- At least five years of paralegal or legal executive experience in a corporate setting.
- A relevant degree from an accredited college.
- Strong administration skills.
- Be a self-starter able to organize your workload and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Be an outstanding communicator both written and verbally.
- Be able to manage a varied workload.
- Be thorough and have an eye for detail.
If you feel this role speaks to your strengths and you are eager to transition to a successful business, please contact Steven Davies in confidence on 210-471-0630 or by e-mail email@example.com.