VP OF TAX – FUND ACCOUNTING – CO (closed)
REPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: VP OF TAX – FUND ACCOUNTING – CO
Relocation: YES, RELOCATION PROVIDED
Location: DENVER, COLORADO
Salary: COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION
Head up the provision of tax services related to each client. Review and approve calculations prepared by Tax Accountant and reviewed by Senior Tax Accountant or Tax Supervisor or Manager.
Oversees the following:
* Tax Provision Calculation and Compliance
* Review tax provision for annual audit
* Coordinate with auditors for review of tax provisions
* Review tax status of investments held in each fund and research as needed
* Review distribution calculations on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
* Assure that RIC status is maintained pursuant to Subchapter M of the IRC
* Tax Return Preparation
* Review Forms 1120RIC and Schedule D, 8613, 7004 and required state filings
* Year-End Reporting
* Review 1099 reporting information for use by transfer agency
* Review shareholder communications to be mailed with Forms 1099 Misc.
* Provide clients with special reports, as requested
* Review calculations prepared by Tax Accountants
* Provide training and guidance to Tax Accountants, Senior Tax Accountants and Tax Supervisors
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to self-start and work with little direction
* Minimum 8 years experience within investment company industry
* Supervisory experience
* Bachelors Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
BOTTOM LINE (MUST HAVE)
* About 8+ years of experience within investment company Tax or Accounting department.
* About 3+ years of Management within investment company Tax or Accounting department.
* Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting).