System Administrator (closed)
- · Operations & Support:
- o Ongoing configuration and maintenance of IT System Monitoring Services
- Maintain system performance through system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- o Configure user accounts, assign permissions and ensure accessibility to assigned applications and systems
- Manage the Microsoft Exchange, Virtual Machine and Linux Environments
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible vulnerabilities and intrusions.
- Interface with end users other IT professionals to ensure that issues are resolved and that key stakeholders are kept informed
- Secures system by providing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing business continuity and recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation
- Provide direct telephone support to internal customers, log and classify all issues within an internal ticketing system
- Exchange information and share knowledge with IT team members to maximize knowledge and effectiveness
- Apply effective planning and structured discipline in systematically approaching system failures and applying workarounds and change management
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports OIA infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documents.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- 4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and direct experience
- Requires 3-5 years of relevant technical experience in the administration of networked desktop and server systems.
- Previous, verifiable systems administration experience in a medium sized IT environment using Microsoft technologies or similar client server systems (ie: MS Exchange, SharePoint, MS SQL, Active Directory, etc)
- Experience maintaining and monitoring
- a global infrastructure, including controller based wireless networking
- Enterprise Storage Infrastructure
- Linux based Operating Systems
- Knowledge of SNMP and Syslog usage
- Working knowledge of IT Concepts, ie: Dbase, Web Servers, Server-Client Communications and Networking (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, VPN, etc)
- Knowledge of hardware and configuration management to include virtualized server configuration.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification - or equivalent experience is a plus
- Telecommunications experience is a bonus (Pots, PRI, Analog, Digital, VoIP)
- Strong Customer Service Skills are a must!