Pre-sales Architect (closed)
vArchitect provides technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. They gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on converged infrastructure platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. vArchitects are required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the vAM (vAccount Manager). They must be able to understand EMC/CISCO/VMware and/or competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with Orchestration is preferred. Applications and knowledge of their effect on IT are highly desired. They assist the vAM in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer requests and proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define solutions with sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions, and train the account and partner teams
- Establish relationships with the parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Executes technical sales calls
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional and/or Cisco Data Centre Unified Computing Design Specialist desired.
The role may have one or more of the additional sets of "specialty" responsibilities as required by the hiring manager:
General understanding of Oracle Database (multiple versions), RAC, Middleware and Oracle Applications.
- Microsoft Exchange
General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and Exchange consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
Understanding of SAP applications, SAP NetWeaver, BASIS administration, and SAP infrastructure (database, operations) support.
- SQL & SharePoint
General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and SQL Server + SharePoint consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
Understanding of virtual desktop solutions including VMware View, Citrix Zen Desktop, and competitive offerings.
Understanding of Backup and DR solutions including EMC’s Data Domain and Avamar products, VMware’s Site Recovery Manager, EMC RecoverPoint, VPLEX, and SRDF solutions.
Technical knowledge of multiple server architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems. Deep knowledge of the VMware product portfolio, Microsoft Hyper-V , and Citrix virtualization architectures. Experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte information infrastructure for ESX server deployment and migration of conventional systems into virtualization.
Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices. Familiar with database platforms, including Oracle and SQL. Experience with designing, multi-terabyte data warehouses (including "appliances" such as any of the following: GreenPlum, IBM Infosphere, Oracle or Oracle Exadata, Paraccel, Vertica or Neteeza). Familiar with data warehouse components, including hardware, database management systems, ETL (extract, transform, load) software, data mining tools, and meta data management tools.
- Converged Networking
Knowledge of networking media and protocols. Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, ATM, FCoE architecture. Knowledge of CIFS and NFS storage protocols.
- Analysis & Design
Ability to characterize specific workloads in order to optimize converged infrastructure. Experience in data modeling and infrastructure sizing. Experience with data architecting, data migration, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis for virtualization.
- Presentation Skills/ Executive Sales Acumen
Ability to effectively communicate and articulate the value proposition to CXO audience and decision makers. Ability to drive an effective technical sales campaign by understanding business drivers, technical requirements, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Consultative approach
- Technical account management
- Converged infrastructure
- VMware, Cisco and EMC technologies
- High level business case development
- IT strategy, vision and goals
- Adaptable and flexible
- Time management skills
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Communication skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Organizational skills
- Cross-Functional skill
- Customer focused
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 6-8 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: No