Java Solutions Architect (closed)
CCN Currently has an opening for a Java Solutions Architect to work at a Major Insurance Company located in Trenton NJ. This is a temp to perm opening (OR CAN GO PERM FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE). Must be a US CIT, GC, EAD, OR TN Holder (client will not sponsor).
If this is not a good fit please feel free to pass this along to anyone you might know of that might be interested. If you would like to apply for this position please send over a word version of your resume to email@example.com
Job Summary The successful candidate will be responsible for architectural governance and technical oversight of multiple implementations as well as working with business stakeholders to provide technology direction and solutions to complex business problems. This exciting opportunity requires sound architectural, software engineering background and strong technical leadership.
• Define architectural vision and direction of enterprise-wide solutions, including vendor-supplied and custom-developed application components.
• Drive the translation of complex business initiatives into innovative technology solutions and ensure architectural consistency across solution boundaries.
• Understand business domain and business challenges to facilitate and influence business process re-engineering and improvements.
• Create technology roadmaps in line with business vision and direction.
• Work with Business Stakeholders and Project Managers to understand inefficiencies in existing business processes and applications and recommend solutions. • Work collaboratively with the other senior technical experts in IT to make technology decisions impacting cross portfolio solutions and implementations.
• Participate in the development and refinement of the on-going relationships with the technology and business application vendors in relation to the Solution Portfolio.
• Stay current with the evolution of the technology industry, development methodologies and architectural frameworks in relation to client’s overall technology vision.
• Maintain client’s architectural standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Candidate must have a BS and/or MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the Insurance Industry, especially P&C Insurance is preferred.
• Java/J2EE and Architectural certification preferred.
• 10+ years overall IT experience with Java technologies and vendor Solutions, 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• Proven experience planning, designing, and implementing software architectures and large scale business solutions.
• Sound IT experience in some combination of application architectures, software development and infrastructure, systems integration and package implementation. • Knowledge of Architectural Standards and Frameworks.
• Experience with web technologies, Java/J2EE, SOA, Web Services, XML, Websphere environment, MQ Series.
• Solid experience in relational databases technologies, preferably SQL Server.
• Experience with SDLC lifecycle.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership skills, decision making and problem solving abilities.
• Experience with Guidewire’s ClaimCenter is a strong plus