C/C++ Embedded Software Development
Dell Innovative Solutions team is seeking to hire an Embedded Software Development and Test Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for testing, analyzing, investigating and troubleshooting embedded software in the area of Vehicle Systems and Heavy Machinery Control Systems. The candidate must be able to work in multisite development environment coordinating with other domestic and/or international teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform embedded software development , testing and validation
- Identify software issues and assist in resolution of those issues
- Design and develop test plans, test procedures and test scripts for multiple vehicle systems
- Simulate vehicle system issues in a laboratory environment
- Interface with vehicle system engineers and test teams
- Assist in defining and establishing best practices and software defect prevention processes
- Contribute to innovate and modify software testing methods and tools
- 2+ years experience in embedded software development and testing
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming
- Good knowledge in basic electronics hardware
- Experience in working with test automation environments using hardware-in-loop techniques
- Experience in working with National Instruments testing tools - CVI, Test stand etc
- Knowledge in communication protocols such as CAN, SAE J1939, and TCP/IP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to grasp vehicle systems concepts
- Knowledge in Matlab/Simulink and/or LabView
- Solid background in Electrical Engineering and Control SystemsKnowledge of multiple scripting and programming languages is a plus
Minimum Educational Requirements:
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-A commitment to diversity and inclusion
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving
to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.