Regional Sales Manager (closed)
Manufacturer of specialty apparel is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to strengthen sales structure and help position company for extensive revenue growth. They’re an industry leader with an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for experienced sales professionals who are results driven and can also bring a fresh perspective to our industry and distribution channel.
The Regional Sales Manager will maintain and generate profitable revenue by leading a team of independent sales representatives and managing key accounts within the region. Candidates must be highly analytical and numbers-focused, but also hands-on and committed to innovation and moving beyond the norm.
Regional Sales Manager
- Optimize the performance of each territory via collaborative sales planning and mutually agreed upon goals that align with corporate revenue plans
- Set challenging goals, monitor progress, and make sure results are achieved as planned in order to exceed monthly quotas
- Track sales performance against goals weekly and monthly for individual sales representatives and key accounts within territory
- Evaluate territory coverage needs and execute changes as required maximize revenue
- Work with the sales team and customers to expand retail presentation and improve sell-through performance of brands
- Create and monitor product forecasts for key accounts within the territory
- Influence customer activity, focus and results
- Reinforce the company’s corporate branding and distribution strategy
- Manage relationships to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Train, coach and mentor the sales team
- Identify, validate and communicate industry trends that impact growth opportunities
- Provide business-building growth ideas to senior management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Not required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing territory sales representatives in a retailer or dealer channel or other B2B environment
- Key Account sales experience calling on retail organizations
- Documented success in building a sales force or managing a sales reorganization/territory re-alignment
- Systematic, analytical thinking and execution - must be highly skilled at setting objectives, measuring performance, and managing deadlines
- Must have strong leadership and influencing skills. Must work effectively in a cross-functional operating environment and dealing with independent business owners
- Experience in recruiting and mentoring salespeople, with specific results in fostering creativity and innovation
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in analyzing data and compiling reports in Microsoft Excel
- Required travel: 60%+
- The Regional Sales Manager is expected to maintain a home office for company business. This position requires extensive weekly travel within the region, working with the sales team and customers on a daily basis. Occasional travel outside the region for sales meetings and other events is also required.
- Position can be based in any metropolitan area in the respective region, provided there is convenient access to a major airport.
We are a successful recruitment firm that confidently offers quality services in all industries. Visit our website at: www.clayburnettgroup.com
Specializing in search for executive to mid-level candidates in direct hire/permanent positions, our aim is to flawlessly execute every placement. The candidates we present will be carefully chosen by a team member who has done the groundwork and due diligence to find them. We pride ourselves on a nuanced and thoughtful approach to professional team building and employee placement.
Currently, we confidently offer quality services in the following industry groups: aerospace, consumer goods, distribution/logistics, entertainment, financial services, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing/production, public accounting, real estate/construction, retail, technology, telecommunications, travel/hospitality and utilities.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/clay-burnett-group
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/clayburnettgrp
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clay-Burnett-Group/287571530955