Front End Developer (Java, JSF) Developer (closed)
Duration: 12 months CONTRACT
- Location: Warren, NJ
- Participate in project planning sessions with project management and technical team members.
- Participate in functional design development and reviews and work with technical team members to determine technical design approaches.
- Develop technical specifications from functional specifications.
- Understand the proposed architectural (SOA) and the project development approach.
- Adhere to the specified guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with the business users and the business analysts to ensure the code is developed according to the specifications.
- Create and execute unit test plans.
- Support system and user acceptance testing and address application bugs and enhancements as needed.
- Support system deployment into the production environment.
- Ensure that the coding for the application is complete, including development, unit testing, and bug fixing.
- Code back-end software modules using J2EE / Java on IBM WebSphere platform, based on the technical specifications.
- Enterprise Java / J2EE application development experience in a large environment.
- Experience with JSF a must.
- Experience with JPA (Java Persistence) is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of Java 5, Servlets 2.4, JSP 2.0, JDBC, and SQL
- Understanding of the SOA system development approach
- Understanding and experience with common design patterns, such as MVC, Factory, Façade, Delegate, etc.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Log4J, Ant, JSTL
- Experience with the IBM WebSphere platform, enterprise document management systems and service oriented tools like service bus
- Ability to design and implement scalable and maintainable software.
- Familiarity with object/data caching frameworks
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science or MIS/CIS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills