.NET developers (closed)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To design, develop, maintain, test and debug software and applications; to determine the impact of new programs on and ensure compatibility with existing systems; to develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; under general supervision, to formulate/define system scope and objectives; to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results; in some cases, to be responsible for project completion; and to provide guidance and training to other analyst/programmers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application, including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
- Analyzes user needs, as required, and leads in the design of specifications to meet those needs.
- Develops and maintains software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; leads in the design and development of software to meet those requirements.
- Tests and debugs software; assists in testing projects for other analyst/programmers.
- Prepares documentation for assigned projects and completes the paperwork necessary to release the project.
- Assists in the professional growth of other analyst/programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as applicable to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to clients.
- Keeps up-to-date with technology changes and direction.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred. Each one (1) year of the required college may be substituted with one (1) additional year of the required experience.
Eight (8) years of program development experience with two (2) years specialized experience with an emphasis on interpreting user requirements, business application design and programming of business applications required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
· Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems
· Excellent project management skills
· High level of self-motivation
· Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Leadership skills
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Recruiters please to not contact this job posting