Software Dev: Modem (closed)
Our customer is seeking an Engineer II.
- Initial debug and classification of test failures, then enabling software development teams to debug further
- Create perl scripts to analyze test results to allow quick indication of pass/fail results
- Organize effectively, and document work thoroughly for day-to-day work
- Resolve the dependency and follow up with the teams
- This requires understanding trade-off between maintaining consistent APIs and reducing coupling
- Sanity test the builds, and report issues
- This requires on-target debugging and provide logs at code level
- Experience in wireless device software development, 2+ years preferred, with hands-on experience in below areas
- Understanding UMTS/GSM/GPRS system architecture, 1x/EVDO system architecture
- HSDPA/UPA, EVDO rev B, LTE knowledge a plus
- Understanding wireless Modem (GSM/UMTS/LTE/CDMA) protocol log parsing and analysis would be highly preferred
- Ability to use wireless communication test equipment, analyze test logs and isolate test failures
- Use of Version Control Software: Perforce or equivalent
- Understand and execute daily engineering builds based on pre-defined requirements
- Familiar with ARM family compiler/linker usage
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse group of software development and test teams
- Ability to use common development and test tools: Perl, debuggers, and compilers
- Ability to write and debug Software Generation program: GNU Make, SCons
- Understand multimedia components and system architecture
- Audio/video/camera/camcorder concurrency
- Middleware knowledge (e.g. OMX) a plus
- Understand general system architecture of HLOS such as WM, Android etc.
- QNX knowledge a plus
- Understand ARM processor family
- Assembly language knowledge a plus
- ARM Cortex family knowledge a plus
- Understand general on-chip debugging procedure and troubleshooting
- Ability to debug C program on Embedded Real Time Systems using JTAG, Trace32, etc.
- Understand Apps and concurrency of Apps
- This requires isolating problems to a particular apps
- Understand peripherals system architecture, especially Bluetooth and 802.11 family
- Driver-level knowledge a plus
About SkillStorm: SkillStorm is the nation?s fastest-growing I.T. Services company. We have been providing technology consulting, outsourcing and staffing solutions since 2002. SkillStorm can provide you with the right tools to ensure you have the best technology team in place to fuel your organization?s continued success. SkillStorm works with scores of fine companies, including many that rank among the elite Fortune 500 and has been setting the standard for customer service in the industry since inception.
For more information, please visit us at www.skillstorm.com.