Sr Business Analyst (closed)
Strategy and Planning
- Analyze, document, and improve workflows, processes, and standards.
- Facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Create effective sitemaps and wireframes to facilitate the website design process.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of projects.
- Gather business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
- Lead post-project analysis to reflect upon successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Plan, develop, implement, and support new and existing applications in conjunction with users and developers.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Provide business reports to management and clients.
- Analyze application defects to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements.
- Work with the Quality Assurance to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
- Train and teach other developers.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
- Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
- Provide software expertise as a project resource.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5-7 years related IT experience.
- 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with web (W3C) and web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.