Sr. Infrastructure and Network Engineer (closed)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The candidate will have overall responsibility for the internal network, virtual network; servers Test servers and desktops, as well as work closely with and support the company’s Co-Location data center hosting partner(s).
- The candidate will work with the development team, DBA and the Web Master, and IT Operations team to build, manage and maintain the network and hardware environment to support the applications the company depends on, including Web servers, application servers, databases, SAN, WAN and LAN equipment etc.
- Candidate will also be responsible for creating systems and strategies for ensuring maximum security across sites and, in collaboration with the IT Team, ensure reliability and performance for all systems.
- Managing, supporting and developing the Corporate Network Infrastructure
- Managing and supporting production, development and test servers
- Monitoring current applications and recommending performance enhancements
- Trouble shoot and monitor performance issues on systems & network
- Administer and monitor firewalls, security, network access
- Provide support to Developers, DBA, Business Analysts & Project Management group(s) on various Operating Systems and tools, network configuration & system related issues
- Help plan & document changes to network infrastructure, maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Monitor, install, configure & maintain software. Perform necessary upgrades to the operating systems, including researching and installing patches, security updates, and service packs
- Perform, manage and test system backups, recovery and DRP/BCP
- Perform special projects/duties as needed to fulfill the requests of the individual business departments
- Aid in planning and implementation of a 24/7/365 environment that will include DR sites, HA environments to maintain company’sSLA’s
- Help plan and assess future infrastructure needs while minimizing risks and optimizing performance
- Manage and supporting all SANS and iSCSI environments
- Manage and support Production and Test environment using VMware
- Other IT projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or an Associates degree in computer Science and 3 to 5 years experience in requirements definition, analysis, and testing; or any combination of education and experience which enables one to perform the essential job functions.
Requires a minimum of a CCNA in CISCO certification.
Additional Certifications in SANS, VMware, Microsoft and Linux are helpful.
Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly to speak clearly and concisely to technical staff, outside contacts, and company employees at all levels.
- Qualified candidates must possess working experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and VISIO a plus.