Medical Science Liaison/ Senior Medical Science Liaison, Western Territory (closed)
Medical Science Liaison/ Senior Medical Science Liaison
The sustained growth and accomplishments of Clients U.S. marketplace has allowed for expansion of their Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Team. MSLs function as field-based members of Medical Affairs. These positions will support Clients Osteoarthritis / Musculoskeletal Portfolio.
· Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals through local presentations at offices, investigator meetings, advisory boards, and other appropriate venues to enhance product knowledge. Presentations could be related to Company’s products and/or associated disease states. Interactions may be proactive or in response to unsolicited requests.
· Collaborate with Managed Markets team, both field-based and at the home office, to identify opportunities and needs that can be addressed via communication of scientific, medical, and health economic information.
· Manages research and educational activities at targeted institutions and practices with national opinion leaders and other decision makers.
· Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with national opinion leaders, investigators, institutions and professional societies strategic to appropriate product development and use. Increases Company’s visibility with current and future opinion and educational leaders. The MSL will work closely with commercial colleagues in some of these activities.
· Develops, and maintains collaborative relationships with current and future opinion leaders to identify scientific communication opportunities including abstracts, manuscripts, and professional education.
· Identifies opportunities for clinical research (both company-sponsored and investigator-sponsored) that are consistent with company objectives.
· Serves as a consultant to internal and external medical directors and provides assistance with program development, guest lectures, symposia formats and scientific workshops.
· Maintains clinical expertise through aggressive education including attendance at relevant symposia, scientific workshops, CME events, preceptorships, and review of key journals.
· Add value to Company-sponsored external speaker programs via identification of new speakers, providing feedback to home office on success of programs, and coaching of speakers on scientific content.
· 75 % travel is anticipated.
Competencies Identified For Success:
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to handle "cold calls" as well as interactions with specialist physicians and opinion leaders
· Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and public presentations
· Ability to comprehend and interpret clinical and pre-clinical data
· Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
· Collaboration and teamwork
· Decision-making, proactive problem-solving and accountability
· Ability to identify and facilitate development of external investigators
· Understanding organizational behavior, and academic and corporate culture
· Advanced Clinical/Science degree or professional credentials required (MD/DO, PhD, PharmD, PA)
· Minimum 3-5 years MSL experience required
· Musculoskeletal background required.
· Experience in developing/communicating clinical/scientific trials and publications with Academics and Health Care Providers strongly preferred.
· Experience interacting with, and/or presenting to, Payer audiences preferred (e.g., Managed Care Medical Directors and Pharmacy Directors).
· Expertise in compliance regulations/requirements/guidelines that govern this position, including interactions with providers, payers, and sales representatives is preferred. · · Knowledge of regulations and guidances governing promotional activities is also preferred.
· Health care-related publication track record a plus.
· Flexibility to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving work environment preferred.