National Account Manager - Industry Experience Required
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company and the 7th largest employer in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives. In fact, Business Week just named DHL "one of the best companies to launch a career.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified National Accounts Manager in the Chicago Market. As a National Accounts Manager, you will maintain a close working relationship with key customers by identifying the key decision makers within the business, understanding each customer’s business challenges and priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in order to increase the revenue streams. In addition, the National Account Manager will be responsible for growing new business through cold calling, networking and various other methods.
- Manage and build overall customer relationships by coordinating and leading the activities of customer focused teams.
- Development of strategies to increase sales penetration and profits in assigned accounts.
- Identifies business opportunities and assesses customer needs and matches them with DHL’s services to acquire key national accounts.
- Work on special assignments to support DHL strategies and initiatives.
- Partner with the regional management team to coordinate customer requests and services that are being promoted.
- Develop customized presentations for various decision making audiences to close on new business
- BS/BA or MS/MA with 5 years previous experience (selling service vs. product preferred)
- Proven sales experience selling large, national account, multi-location business (Greater than $50K/monthly revenue targets) strongly preferred
- State of the art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database and web-based applications
- Creative and innovative thinking in bringing successful resolutions to high-impact, and complex problems.
- Experience selling in the transportation/logistics industry is preferred