Quality Manager (closed)
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for a Regional Quality Manager who will be responsible for flawless execution of the Quality Management System and achievement of Quality objectives for all Kulpsville Manufacturing operations. Maintain quality certifications as required by customers, effectively and efficiently manage quality resources, and drive Continuous Improvements in Kulpsville Quality-related metrics. Ensure that all Quality-related issues with Customers and Suppliers are addressed using robust problem-solving methods, and maintain direct alignment with Corporate Quality Assurance strategies, objectives, and management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Flawlessly execute the Quality Management System (QMS) for all KV Manufacturing operations, including but not limited to Document Control, Quality Records, Auditing (QMS, Process, etc.), Corrective and Preventative Actions, Management Review (KV Site Management Representative), Training, Control of Measurement and Test Equipment, etc.
- Work with Site Manufacturing and QA Management to establish QA objectives, developing and implementing strategies to meet and exceed established objectives.
- Maintain all quality certifications (ISO9001:2000,, AS9100B, ISO/IEC17025, NADCAP, etc.) as required by customers and GTC, interface as Management Representative with registrars; ensure timely and effective follow up to any Corrective Actions or Nonconformance’s.
- Provide daily supervision and leadership to direct reports, including but not limited to coaching, teaching, directing, developing, etc., coordinate and prioritize QA resources based on the needs of internal and external customers.
- Drive Continuous Improvement actions in the area of Quality metrics, Quality Failure Costs (Scrap, Rework, Customer Returns, etc.), Quality System Improvements, and general leadership for directional changes in Quality.
- Play integral role in on-going Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and related initiatives, including but not limited to mentoring Six Sigma and Lean Projects, facilitate and participate in Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events, conducting 5S audits, etc.
- Drive the effective and efficient resolution of all Customer generated quality complaints through the use of robust problem solving methods and techniques (8-D, FEMA, etc.)
- Work closely with Procurement and Supply Chain Management team members to ensure that all Supplier created quality issues are effectively and efficiently resolved, assist Suppliers when needed with robust problem Solving methods.
- Collaborate with Corporate and other site Quality Management to share lessons learned, align strategies, and objectives, etc.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
- At least 5 years experience in Quality Management preferably gained in Engineering/Manufacturing or related industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in technical (Quality, Product Development, etc.) face-to-face business relations with customers;
- Experience in the Aerospace industry, Fluid Handling or Oil Field industries are a plus
- Six Sigma knowledge, Certified Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Lean Manufacturing/Lean Office experience preferred
- Experience with QMS development, management and registration (ISO 9001, AS/EN 9100)
- Analytical/Abstract reasoning ability
- A focused leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Qualified (or able to achieve qualification) as a lead Auditor
- Demonstrated fluency in English required and French and/or German helpful
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment
- Strong computer literacy, especially in MS Office
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career opportunities at https://gtweedcareers.silkroad.com/ and submit your resume to Tracking Code 20120060. Greene,Tweed is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. If they have an interest in doing business with us, they can forward a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.