Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (closed)
Our client, a large retail corporation located in Rockland County, is currently seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. This company offers an excellent compensation package, generous merchandise discounts, excellent benefits and career development. The right candidate MUST have prior retail experience!
As Manager of Financial Planning Analysis you will be responsible for management reporting and analysis of the company division's actual, plan and projections of financial statements, expense summaries and financial packages and serve as a strategic business partner. .
In this role, you will coordinate and maintain the financial planning process including seasonal operating plan, strategic plan, and monthly and quarterly forecasts. Additionally, you will:
- Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities.
- Lead in reporting and analysis of key performance metrics and analysis to achieve strategic objectives.
- Lead in the generation, preparation and review of divisional monthly/quarterly management reporting statements/packages.
- Lead team in the generation of departmental management reporting and performance variance analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement in financial reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by senior management.
- Manage a team of analysts.
- Education: BS Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA a plus
- 5 - 7 years progressive experience in a finance environment with exposure to general accounting, financial analysis, and corporate reporting
- Retail Industry experience a MUST!
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint is a must). Experience with general ledgers and budgeting software required. Oracle, Hyperion Planning and OutlookSoft considered a plus.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required in order to interact independently with various levels of management across the company.
- Team player with strong, detail-oriented analytical abilities