Business Development Manager (closed)
Location: Birmingham / Warrington / Belfast
Compelling Reason: We have a new exciting opportunity for Business Development Executives to join our ever expanding business. You will be responsible for developing a profitable revenue and margin stream from new account(s) through pro-active sales of the full range of my client products & services, and also maintaining and increasing ongoing revenues and margin contribution from named accounts or a specified sector / territory through pro-active sales of the full range of my client products and services.
My Client supply computer hardware and services to small/medium sized commercial organisations, nationwide.
As a company with a rich track record of delivering flexible and cost effective managed services, working with both private and public sector clients, this position is suited to an already successful consultant who wants to be part of a vibrant and progressive business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work with Europe’s largest privately owned IT group. A rapidly expanding Microsoft Gold partner also partnered with Cisco, VMware, Symantec and Citrix, if you are looking for a organisation that offers an excellent working environment and some real scope for progression this could be the role for you.
Are you looking for … a secure and stable career with longevity, recognition and opportunity? As Europe’s leading privately owned technology solutions provider, we can offer you exactly that. Our people are passionate, focussed, driven, determined, flexible and motivated and are richly rewarded for their commitment. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then we look forward to meeting you.
- Pipeline activities to develop target prospects through the provision of quotations and Bid response documentation and strong territory management
- Management of direct reports providing an operational escalation point
- Provision of management information to Line Manager
- Provision of quotations and Bid response documentation
- Ownership of end-to-end process around delivery of products & services to MY CLIENT’s named customers
- Ownership of problem resolution/escalation
- Increasing the scope of products and services being taken by the named MY CLIENT customers
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction through professional engagement at all times and at all levels within the customer
- Adherence to all MY CLIENT processes and procedures with particular reference to the ISO 9000 accreditation
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge around the products and services offered by MY CLIENT
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of the general IT marketplace and the specific marketplace within which the named customer operates
- Maintaining up-to-date records of all activities with regard to the named customers including (but not limited to) completion of customer records on the MY CLIENT internal MyMY CLIENT sales tool
The Business Development Executive will be allocated an individual Turnover and Margin goal for the MY CLIENT financial year. This will be the key measure of success. However MY CLIENT is committed to continual improvement and therefore carries out regular Development Planning sessions with each individual. Further objectives for personal development will be outlined in this forum.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- IT literate with demonstrable experience of successful sales within the IT industry
- Experience gained selling successfully to large commercial organisations is essential
- Experience gained selling Managed Services and/or Enterprise class solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills will be a prerequisite
- A professional demeanour, commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to engage credibly with key influencers in the commercial environment is of paramount importance