Buying Director (closed)
Director of Buying & Merchandising
Our client is a retailer with a HQ in Beirut, Lebanon offering the latest designer collections, toys, and gifts for all the family. The role will be responsible foe developing strategies to maximize business performance and profitability, promotional strategies and competitive merchandise assortments. Oversee the execution of buying selection and sets the merchandise direction to ensure a consistency across the categories.
Responsible for developing strategies to maximize business performance and profitability, promotional strategies and competitive merchandise assortments. Oversees the execution of merchandise selection and sets the merchandise direction to ensure a consistency on the selling floor across product categories.
- P&L responsibility for the categories
- Ensure pricing, promotional strategy and marketing support the financial objects of the Retail Division.
- Develop range plan and product plan, which optimises and maximises the sales and profitability of the category, in line with the overall brand positioning of our client.
- Partner, Vendor development and relationship management.
- Understand competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and strategies.
- Build, coach, develop and motivate the team to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Minimum of 10 years in a well established retail environment.
- Degree educated.
- Established track record of driving business forward.
- A sharp eye for fashion with recognised ability to spot emerging trends.
- Demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration (be it from catwalk trends to street style, popular culture, media or travel).
- Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profits.
- Demonstrate strong supplier relationship building skills.
- Proven experience in managing and developing teams.
- A Lebanese national is preferred for this role.