Senior Network Engineer (closed)
We have an urgent requirement for Sr. Network consultant in Singapore
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
*** Note: Candidates should have valid work authorization in Singapore*****
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Global IT teams to deploy, operate, monitor and maintain the global network infrastructure.
- Responsible for second / third line incident support.
- Install, configure and deploy routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls and other network equipment.
- Install, configure and administrate UNIX based network management systems.
- Deploy automation tools to improve network operations efficiency and to enhance network infrastructure monitoring capability.
- Carry out network capacity planning, network performance monitoring, trending and reporting to ensure that network services match business requirements.
- Investigate and evaluate new network technologies. Design and deploy solutions/infrastructures based on these technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years relevant working experience in Network and UNIX service management in an MNC environment.
- Flexible, self motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced and multi cultural organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong command of the English language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
Required Skill Sets
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Strong understanding of WAN technologies including ATM, Frame Relay, ISDN, Lease Lines, MPLS, etc.
- Strong understanding of network routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- In-depth knowledge of traffic shaping and QoS technologies (DSCP, CBWFQ).
- In-depth knowledge of VRF technologies.
- Good understanding of LAN/client-side protocols including 802.1X, STP, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, VLANs, VRRP, WINS, WLANs, etc.
- Good understanding and experience with network management platforms.
- UNIX background advantageous.
- Good understanding of security technologies and protocols, including IPSec, PKIs, firewalls and SSL VPNs.
- Good programming skills in any of the following languages/scripts: C, PERL, shell scripts.
- Good knowledge of IP conferencing and communications technologies, including H.323 and SIP.
If interested, kindly send across your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with expected compensation.
Thanks and regards,
SAP Recruitment Consultant - EMEA