Customer Technical Consultant (closed)
This role sits in the newly transformed Managed Network Services (MNS) team within the Wholesale division in eircom and will involve the formulation of technical strategies and tactics to maximise success in bids and contracts.
The Customer Technical Consultant will take responsibility for capturing customer technical requirements and designing and proposing robust, supportable and fit-for-purpose solutions that align with a client's business needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide consulting services in support of the MNS products.
- Work with Account Managers and Contract Managers to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of MNS pre- and post- sales activities.
- Ensure that all technical information and recommendations address customer requirements.
- Articulate and present complex designs, technologies and solutions to both technical and non-technical customers in order to address business needs of potential clients as part of the pre-sales process.
- Act as design authority for fit for purpose solutions during the sales life cycle from 'suspect' to contract signature and during contract implementation
- Respond to and take ownership of the technical elements of high value and complex bids and RFPs in order to provide accurate information within the stringent response deadlines
- Stay abreast of product roadmaps as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical problems. This includes interacting with Product Management and Development on an on-going basis to stay current.
- Provide feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including coordinating gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
At least 6 years experience from a Managed Network Services Solutions or IT Solutions background.