Marketing Manager (Subscriptions & Digital) (closed)
EMAP is a progressive b2b publisher with industry-leading brands, reaching customers across multiple touch points including magazines, online and face to face events. Its portfolio includes Retail Week, Health Service Journal, Construction News and Drapers.
This role is in the Subscriptions Marketing Team and is key to driving our transition to becoming a digitally-led customer growth business.
You will have extensive marketing experience in B2B or direct marketing ideally within a publishing environment. You will have produced multi-channel content-led marketing campaigns and have a passion for online marketing.
To drive subscriber acquisition, retention and engagement performance
- To co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media
- To champion the subscriber and deliver successful business strategies including the development of new digital products and services
- To devise contact strategies to maximise customer spend and satisfaction
- To contribute to the development of pricing policies and strategies and manage and monitor their effectiveness
- To oversee brand and communication strategy
- To measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation and conversion rates
- To use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our brand thereby growing our customer base and revenues
Qualifications & Experience
Professional membership e.g. CIM, ACCA.
Level of responsibility held
- Proven track record in direct marketing, campaign management and digital marketing
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behaviour, needs and changing trends
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals
- Proven experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Ready to work as part of the senior management team on future direction for the business
- Mentoring and promoting best practice
Experience and knowledge of certain packages.
All candidates expected to have basic Microsoft capabilities
- In-depth understanding of web analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics or equivalent packages)
- Email marketing skills
Skills & Competencies
- Confident team player
- Practical and resourceful and results orientated
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages
- Extremely well organised and able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
- Hold a degree or equivalent marketing diploma
To apply email your CV to: