Senior Project Manager, large ERP projects (closed)
Morocco, covering Africa but mainly North Africa
- Successful and responsible leadership of Oracle ERP Implementation Projects
- No direct reports, but leads a team of Consultants on client projects.
- Working as required with designated Oracle Partners and third parties.
- Develop detailed project Work plan and report project progress
- Review Project Deliverable and ensure adhering to Oracle delivery Methodology
- Producing Project Plans including detailed estimates, work plan, quality plan, key deliverable, required resources, risks, issues and dependencies according to Oracle's quality standards.
- Ensuring and promoting contractual compliance within own area of responsibility.
- Managing the implementation of the Project Plan.
- Assigning work packages to Project Team members, ensuring their buy-in by effectively leveraging their skills.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of ERP project and scope:
o Providing technical direction and support to the Project Team
o Monitoring progress and cost against the Project Plan (including detailed time sheet tracking)
o Assessing the impact of changes to the plan
o Managing issues and risks within the scope of work, escalating as appropriate
o Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Professional Support of Sales related activities on Project Management Level.
- Producing regular and accurate progress reports for the Client and Oracle practice management.
- Ensuring clients are satisfied with the delivered work.
- Generate Closure Reports and ensure receipt of Acceptance Certificate(s).
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Representation of Oracles culture, vision and values
Desired Skills & Experience
- Education level/Qualifications: University degree in relevant field
- +10 years experience in IT Consulting and + 8 years ERP Project Management experience
- Valid Industry acknowledged PM certification (e.g. PMI)
- ERP Solution Architecture experience would be a plus
- Proven successful delivery of fixed price projects greater than 1M € Euros, or experience in managing more than 2000 man day projects
- Proven team leading track record including large project teams Presales and proposal management experiences for several proposals
- Willingness and ability to travel and work onsite at customer location
- High affinity to current and future trends in the area of Enterprise Software
- Proven experience with modern delivery models (on premise, on demand)
- Proven project management experience in large scale off- and near shore delivery models
- Functional background of at least one major Oracle Application, proven knowledge overview of Oracle’s Applications portfolio
- Experience with Subcontractor Management including efficient subcontractor contract negotiations, cost control and delivery management
- High level of customer focus and sense of responsibility
- Ability to motivate and coach teams
- Target and solution oriented
- Influencing and negotiating
- Assertiveness, personal drive and creativity
- Analytical and methodical way of work
- Very good written and verbal English and French
- Good understanding of consulting processes
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
Please send CV directly to Lu.Skilbeck@oracle.com