Mobile Software Engineer (closed)
We are seeking a Mobile Software Engineer for our Direct Client.
Position: Mobile Software Engineer (Windows 8 Metro Specialist)
Location: Culver City CA
Duration: 3 Months
The Mobile Software Engineer (Windows 8 Metro Specialist) is responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and porting of consumer facing iOS/Android mobile applications to Windows 8 Metro using C/C++, XAML and DirectX. The Mobile Software Engineer has experience developing Windows 7 applications and is familiar with Windows 8 Metro and Visual Studio 11. The Mobile Software Engineer also has experience programming graphics in OpenGL and can understand iOS/Objective-C and Android/Java code. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
The position is located in Culver City, California.
- Develop code using C/C++, XAML and DirectX using Visual Studio 11 for Windows 8 Metro devices.
- Read and understand iOS/Objective-C, Android/Java and OpenGL code.
- Refactor, document, and propose solutions for improving existing code.
- Design data models and develop programs to access network resources and interact with relational databases
- Work with the Production Management & Product Development teams to help in the gathering and documentation of requirements
- Develop Use Case Models for the functional requirements
- Develop unit tests and assist with application quality assurance
- Adhere to development standards and participate in code reviews.
- Recommend creative solutions to business issues
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software application development
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Windows development using Visual Studio
- Minimum of 3 years experience in C/C++ and DirectX
- Familiarity with Windows 8 Metro, WinRT and the Metro Application Model.
- Expert knowledge of development “best practices”, particularly with C/C++, DirectX/OpenGL and mobile resource management
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, DirectX, OpenGL and XAML.
- Experience developing code using Visual Studio.
- Experience using a DVCS; preferably Git.
- Experience working with design patterns
- Experience in working with relational databases, particularly MySQL
- Ability to select best methods and techniques for solving problems
- Ability to read and understand loosely documented code in Objective-C/Java.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to meet timelines and work under pressure and strong analytical/problem solving skills are also required
- Exceptional team work as well as being self-motivated to work under own initiative
- Minimum 1 open source project hosted at GitHub.com that demonstrates relevant knowledge of Windows C/C++ development experience; mobile related projects preferred
If you are interested, please send your updated resume in the word format.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this e mail and pass it on. I very much appreciate it.
Thanks & Regards,
Joel Vutukuri | Talent Acquisition Specialist
El Segundo Office: Suite 110, 2381 Rosecrans Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245
Irvine Office: Suite 210, 2100 Main Street, Irvine, CA 92614
Tel: 310-448-2888 Ext 812 | Fax: 310-563-3801