Bilingual Contracts Specialist (closed)
Swift Worldwide Resources is currently recruiting for an experienced Bilingual Contracts Specialist (English/French) for our client's on-site operation in Calgary. This is a permanent role within one of the most recognized and well known Oil sands producer. Anticipated start date – ASAP
Bilingual Contracts Specialist
This job will contribute to sourcing and procurement activities within Supply Chain Services by conducting RFx, contract negotiations/formation/amendments specifically for Tier 2 and 3 vendors based on the annual contract plan. Additional tasks will include resolving performance issues of the procurement function, sponsoring/ approving procurement process improvements, implementing procurement strategies, and ensuring a Total Cost of Ownership approach to procurement.
French bilingualism is a requirement for this position
- Conduct negotiations with selected suppliers to tactically procure materials or services.
- Develop, manage, and execute contract plan for the procurement of materials / services.
- Perform sourcing tasks with the contract plan in alignment with the technical / regulatory environment.
- Execute sourcing and contract activities to select Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers based on risk and BU priorities.
- Interface with Category Management to maintain alignment and exchange qualitative information on purchasing and contracting.
- Collect data and information necessary to define the company’s requirements for the RFx, and participate in the RFx process by developing the RFx from the company standard templates.
- Distribute the RFx in accordance with current policies and procedures, ensuring suppliers complete confidentiality agreements before receiving any RFx document.
- Participate in regular meetings with BU stakeholders to establish requirements, communicate market trends, and provide sourcing status updates.
- Participate in execution activities with SCS to ensure proper implementation and understanding of contract details.
Our client is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is an asset.
- Post-secondary in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, SCMP, or PMAC background preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Contract Formation, Negotiation, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, , and Supply Chain Management with increasing responsibilities in various roles.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of tactical procurement process.
- Fluent in French is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and executing contractual terms and conditions.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Self starter and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of materials management software/databases. Our client is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.