Chef Manager, PEI (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
- We're looking for a hands-on manager with solid culinary production skills and a passion for customer service, to join us at the Taxation Centre in Summerside.
- This role takes a hands-on approach to managing the food production and service for the cafeteria at the centre as well as any administrative responsibilities.
- Selects and develops the most suitable recipes while maintaining progessive menus that have a strong emphasis on local, sustainable and Canadiana products in addition to special theme-based items as related to exhibits at the gallery
- Establishes presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Directly produces catering requirements for multiple/simultaneous functions
- Works on th eline and interacts with customers & clients maintaining Front-of-House accessibility
- Staff hiring, employee training, scheduling etc.
- Ensures strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance, Health & Safety programs and WHMIS regulations.
- Great attitude!
- Passion for food and people with solid cooking experience
- Current with modern food trends and menus (suitable for a gallery environment)
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, health & safety and food cost controls
- Proven supervisory skills with ability to motivate, lead and develop associates
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Health & Safety & WHMIS training
- Red Seal / Journeyman's certificate or equivalent
- Advanced Food Safety Training
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards
For more great opportunities with Compass Group Canada visit, http://careers.compass-canada.com
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!