Sr. QA Lead Core Banking Full Time Perm (closed)
Sr. QA Engineer – Core Banking
Salary Range $85,000 to $90,000 plus benefits
In Person Interview Required
Position Description: This position will be responsible for providing QA lead support for various banking projects including development of QA strategy, resource estimates, test plans, test cases and test data, managing test execution, and status reporting. This individual will be responsible for providing oversight and support for 2 or more QA engineers. This individual will provide QA support for 5 or more projects at any given time. The Sr. QA Engineer will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to design and provide quality assurance procedures to validate core banking systems, products, and processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 12 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- At least 5 years in leading QA engineers with defining tasks, managing workload, and providing necessary oversight.
- 5+ years’ experience in functional, system, and Integration testing of banking applications hosted on desktop, client-server, and web.
- 5+ years’ experience in translating requirements into test strategy, detailed test plans, and test cases.
- 3+ years’ experience working with users and supporting UAT testing.
- Experience working with windows and Unix platforms
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Web Services, XML, File Transfers, MS SharePoint and Testing Tools is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Certification(s) in testing is a PLUS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop QA strategy, establish testing scope, define QA timelines, identify resource requirement, and provide QA support for core banking applications.
- Provide QA support for 5 or more projects with aggressive deadlines, and with varying degrees of complexity and size.
- Supervise 2 or more QA engineers supporting 5 or more projects that may be located local or remote.
- Review project documents and artifacts, and translate them into test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Liaise between project teams, business users, and QA engineers to ensure that testing is effective, efficient, and comprehensive.
- Define QA metrics and provide weekly QA status for projects.
- Lead QA testing efforts, manage issues, assesses defects, recommend workarounds, and manage bug triage meetings.
- Proactively ensure a QA presence in project meetings where details pertinent to QA testing are discussed.