Surface Rig Service Technician (closed)
A Surface Service Technician is responsible for Installations, Repairs, and troubleshooting surface wellhead systems and components. Technicians are involved with the hands-on maintenance of wellhead systems and provide technical expertise and some direction to rig crews while on the job.
Works with the Distribution Coordinator, Service Coordinator/Service Supervisor and Field Sales to communicate the status of jobs. Works with customers at well sites to provide service/installation of equipment as well as communication of job status.
These positions work on-call at project rig sites located throughout the USA. So technicians are exposed to weather extremes, harsh work environments, and physical labor demands to do some of the require maintenance.
There is a training program/school required before starting actual technician role but upon completion you will be required to live or relocate to the specific are of the country you are assigned to.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- High school degree or GED. Technical/vocational/or military training or related experience.
- Two years college a plus.
- Zero to two years of mechanical, electronic and hydraulic related experience in an oilfield equipment environment.
- Valid driver's license.
- Physically fit and able.
- Customer service skills - communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Organized and systematic with troubleshooting and problem assessment skills.
- Systems oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude.