Systems Network Support Engineer II- 1200450 (closed)
Systems Network Support Engineer II- 1200450
Every now and then comes the opportunity to expand one’s knowledge and experience in a role that focus on entire modern, high-tech systems. This is such an opportunity with one of the world’s foremost authorities in smart grid technologies. Itron is seeking to add a Network Support Engineer to their group focusing on the latest and greatest technologies surrounding the entire system from a networking perspective. This is not a help desk or Tier 1 or 2 support role but will support Itron personnel in the field focusing on the entire smart grid network, e.g. network, cell relay, RF mesh, meters, etc. Work changes daily giving one the ability to learn and grow learning a broad range of skills and technologies.
Sustaining Engineer, Tier 2 Support, System Engineer, Networking Engineer…all rolled into one. Bring your networking expertise and immediately contribute in a role allowing for growth and being a SME or subject matter expert.
As a Networking Sustaining Support role, your primary focus will be on complete end-to-end networking solutions including but surely not limited to the following…
Debugs Itron firmware, software, and hardware systems through the use of systematic analysis and testing to identify, develop, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software and network testing processes and associated approaches. Maintains documentation of test and operational issues to assist in debugging and modification of firmware and software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, recommends and documents corrective actions. Works with professional services engineers to better understand conditions encountered during product rollout and deployment. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of systems documentation, and procedures. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
1. Develop and execute system test processes, designs, and objectives.
2. Identify, analyze and document defects, questionable behavior, errors and inconsistencies with application functionality, output, online screens and content.
3. Develop automated test solutions using state-of-the-art software testing tools and practices.
4. Work with other groups within Itron including professional services and software development engineers in product design, operational requirements, and system lifecycle discussions.
5. Problem investigation and resolution.
6. Respond to inquiries from technical support regarding functions and operation of software applications.
7. Report test results and analysis.
8. Verify documentation and on-line help content.
9. Perform knowledge transfer sessions for Services, Support Center and other staff.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years related experience with a preference for 5 to 7.
Technical Experience Required:
• Solution or scale environment
• Windows 03 and 08
• SQL scripting
• Solution debug (Wireshark, performance monitoring)
• IP networking (Cisco)
• C.12.22 or 19 protocol knowledge preferred
• ZigBee preferred
• 3rd party HAN devices preferred
• RF LAN preferred
• RF debugging preferred
• Oracle 10g and 11g – additionally, MS SQL Server is a plus
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Travel: 1 - 15%
Itron is an EOE AA Employer. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron is the leading provider of energy and water resource management solutions for nearly 8,000 utilities around the world. We offer end-to-end solutions that include electricity, gas, water and heat measurement and control technology; communications systems; software; and professional services. With nearly 10,000 employees doing business in more than 130 countries, Itron empowers utilities to responsibly and efficiently manage energy and water resources. To realize a sustainable future, start here: www.itron.com.
TO APPLY TO THIS ROLE - FOLLOW THE LINK: http://bit.ly/IcYrrS