Director of Development (closed)
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Our client is a leading women’s Zionist organization that provides social services and educational programs to children in Israel.
The Director of Development will be a dynamic individual with a successful record of fundraising accomplishments. This person will be a liaison with Jewish communities around the country to develop and implement fundraising programs.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with a strong knowledge of the Jewish community and ability to convey a passion for their mission.
He/ She will have experience in managing a development operation that includes major gifts, events and capital campaigns. The ideal candidate will also have superior interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a hands-on position which requires periodic evening, Sunday work, and travel. This position is based in New York City.
Manage all strategies and activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward donors and prospects.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic planning, constituency building and solid fund raising methodology
- Oversee on-line fundraising activities
- Manage volunteers
- Work with relevant community leaders
Responsibility for major gift stewardship and solicitation with current donors as well cultivation of new donors/foundations.
Work closely with Board members and leadership to secure major gifts, bequests.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience
- Proven track record in Major Gifts, Special Events, and Volunteer Management
- Proficiencies with donor software and technologically savvy