U.S. Domestic Oil & Gas Solids Control Sales Representative (closed)
Regional Business Development Manager / Houston, TX / $70k with a lucrative commission program!
Key Skills and Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required, with a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent technical background strongly preferred.
- A minimum of ten years combined, successful and progressive sales experience in the Oil and Gas Drilling Equipment and/or process industry equipment industry.
- Applicable process knowledge and sales experience to include calling upon procurement agents, distributors, end-users, and service providers of company-related products.
- Strong pre-existing relationships with procurement agents, distributors, end-users, and service providers associated with company-related products.
- Ability to develop spheres of influence and strategic partnerships with procurement agents, distributors, end-users, and service providers associated with company-related products.
- Good understanding of SalesForce.com automation systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management of customers; with ability to relate to all levels of the customer’s organization from mechanic to executive.
- The ability to participate effectively in sales and business planning, and to arrive at sound decisions designed to produce effective results.
- Experience in using financial controls, sales/territory development and management, and product applications systems with the ability to relate and use these functions effectively to achieve sales and/or marketing objectives.
- The ability to analyze and define current and future sales and marketing problems inherent in the industry and suggest effective changes.
- Dynamic personality capable of implementing process and culture change in an organization.
- “Roll up the sleeves—get it done,” action oriented personality is essential.
- Ability to be an independent producer, and to work independently and efficiently in a nimble and diverse organization.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated and self-starting with a high energy level and a spirit of team effort and cooperation, entrepreneurial mindset, and of the highest integrity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
A Business Development Manager will aggressively develop and execute a sales/marketing strategy for their region with the fundamental objective to increase sales and increase profitability of sales. He/she will be called upon to further penetrate markets in which company products compete. He/she will provide functional leadership in the development of the company’s near term and longer term regional sales plan, forecast and budget; and will be an active participant in overall business planning.
- 1. Planning / Program Development
- Develop and execute a strong channel strategy for their applicable region.
- Prepare Sales and Market forecasts and budgets; including quarterly rolling sales forecasts.
- Recommend short and long term sales goals; and be responsible for preparation of the annual regional sales plan.
- Develop long and short range revenue objectives consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Work with the Executive Vice President and VP Application Engineering to implement and manage sales, manufacturing and delivery process controls and systems.
- 2. General Responsibilities
- Direct regional sales planning activities to include an analysis of competitive products and selling techniques, market research, marketing legislation, and sales budgets and quotas.
- Implement and achieve rapid and sustainable growth in sales.
- Open direct dialogue with end-users and distributors.
- Elevate all client relations to the strategic partnership level (vs. simply a tactical, reactive relationship). Develop and maintain favorable relationships with all customers and ensure that high level, personalized customer service is provided at all times.
- Maintain sales force / customer relationship management system inputs to track and alert management of any delayed actions on a regular basis.
- 3. Marketing
- Work closely with Marketing to develop Case Studies and Press Releases.
- Provide customer feedback from the field with equipment, their suggestions for further improvements and relative comparisons with competitors in terms of cost and quality of products.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop a consistent product message and image that addresses industrial customer requirements and the many environmental benefits of companies products.
- Provide input from the field for the addition of new product lines and product applications in new industries.
- 4. Sales / Profitability
- Work closely with customers to negotiate favorable deliveries.
- Work closely with the Executive Vice President to achieve sales and margin growth and successfully implement a growth mindset within the organization.
- 1. Other Responsibilities
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Must be capable of travelling up to 75%.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Safety Glasses and Hard Hat while in shop area
- Proper footwear while in shop area
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org