Software Engineer/Developer (26965) (closed)
Looking for a mid-level, software engineer/developer to work on a leading edge, fraud analysis and detection system in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapid-development environment. Our solution operates in near real time, and utilizes a highly configurable and scalable data reduction framework. The components developed will be used to enhance current product offerings as well as new development.
The position will focus on performing development integration and testing components in preparation for code turnover to our System/User Acceptance Test Group.
The Software Integration Tester will be responsible for working with our business analysts and developers to understand testing requirements. Then, the tester will develop test strategies and plans, execute both automated and manual test cases, and document the results.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating test data and acceptance tests to validate requirements utilizing agile, test driven development methods
• Designing, building, testing, and deploying effective test automation solutions using Perl
• Automating as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code/scripts
• Maintaining/creating automation scripts for assigned products/projects
• Identifying, analyzing and reporting test results
• Providing input in developing quality assurance standards
• Using collaboration tools (WIKI, IRC channels, Bugzilla) to design and document solutions
Eight (8) years of technical experience in the following areas:
• Perl scripting in an UNIX environment
• Strong software development background of complex backend Unix systems (Linux/Solaris) using C++/C may replace Perl background
• Experience with identifying, analyzing, and documenting defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security
• Object-oriented development (C++, Objective C or Java) is a plus
• Database management systems (object-oriented and relational) is a plus
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Understanding of programming language concepts (object-oriented), Unix scripting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Recent and proven technical experience and software development skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formally and informally.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work individually with minimal direction and as a team player on a larger development team.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title and number
Contract length 6 months