Mechanical Engineer (closed)
Education: B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Experience: Minimum of 5 years, mechanical design including the design of ASME pressure and vacuum levels.
- Strong working knowledge of ASME Section VIII rules and regs.
- Strong working knowledge of Autocad release 2010.
- Working knowledge of Caesar stress modeling
- Good with customer relations
- Office Work (approximately 85%)
Successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for detail design and drafting of Equipment/vessels/Tanks.
- Vessel sizing and drafting
- Weights and metal thickness calculations.
- Stress analysis critical parts, vacuum vessels and pressure vessel code, ASME Section VIII, API 650 Tanks.
- Mechanical equipment layout drawings in Autocad 2010 software.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers on status of drawings, communication with suppliers with regards to orientations to match layout drawings. Use supplier drawings for placing in equipment layout.
- Co-ordinate with clients, engineers and subcontractors on installation aspects of the project.
- Follow protocol for issues of drawings to fabrication shops, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Work with retrofit projects to existing equipments.
- Some stress analysis of large sized ducts, and hot pipes is required using Caesar software.
- Maintain drawing data base in our computer DAS.
- Co-ordinate with other global offices on changes in standard drawing designs.
- Travel opportunities. (Up to 10% Travel)
- Visit to fabrication shops in North America to view progress on schedules and check fabricated equipments versus vessel drawings. Comment at the workshop on fabrication quality and work with the shops to have the quality up to ASME and company standards.
- Visit to client’s facilities to check out installation of equipments is per drawings.
- Occasional visits to company corporate office to “catch up” on new technology.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)