Technical Sales Representative (closed)
Use your civil engineering to build on key relationships! If you are a relationship builder who has a keen interest in using your engineering know-how as a technical salesperson then look no further! Reporting to the Director of Reinforcing Steel Sales, the successful candidate will maintain and develop new relationships with a large existing customer base in the Golden Horseshoe.
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of sales activities, as directed by the Director of Reinforcing Steel Sales, to ensure that the monthly sales budget is met.
- You will aggressively seek out new business opportunities focusing on medium size contractors and developers using reinforcing steel.
- You will be responsible for call backs and follow up on project bids and also the negotiation of final pricing on medium size projects.
- You will work together with the Director on larger projects.
- You are self-driven, self-directed, detailed orientated, and results focused
- You will have strong computer skills and written language proficiency.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in outside sales in the building and construction industry.
- Civil engineering program from an accredited college/university an asset
- Your technical education in Construction is a definite asset.
- You must have existing contacts with general contractors in the commercial/industrial sector and be conversant with Architectural and Structural drawings.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency and responsibility and have exceptional time management skills.
Great company benefits and great compensation
If you are interested in this position and have the qualifications, please contact Christine at email@example.com