Chief Engineer (closed)
Our Client’s mine is a Fly-in, Fly – out operation located in Northern Ontario. They are currently looking for a:
The primary role of the Chief Engineer is to provide vision, leadership and management of the Engineering function at the Mine site.
- Develop and execute overall strategy for engineering, including short and long term plans.
- Ensure that the strategic business plan, tactical plan, budget and monthly forcast are available, consistent and communicated effectively.
- Regularly review conceptual design work in all engineering disciplines to optimize grade control, minimize dilution and ensure best practices are being utilized.
- Report ore reserves according to NI 43-101.
- Adopt new and innovative products techniques and procedures to increase the value of the operation.
- Manage the engineering department including planning, rock mechanics, ventilation and survey.
- Set clear objectives and performance expectations required of the engineering department to achieve business and production targets.
- Promote and maintain a high performance culture and develop team for current and future needs of the mine.
- Ensure that the mine design work incorporates a consistently high focus on the safety of the underground environment.
- Responsible for providing tools and systems to perform engineering work safely and efficiently.
- Develop a greater awareness of safety issues towards our triple zero safety goal.
- Degree in Mining Engineering and either a P Eng or has the ability to get their P Eng.
- 10+ years engineering experience with at least 4 years in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Demonstrated success leading empowering and developing others.
- Proficient with Mine Planning software.
- Must be culturally sensitive and attuned to a diverse values-based workforce.
Please apply by sending your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond shortly there after.
Business Unit Manager- Natural Resources
For a list of roles we are recruiting for please go to: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E15E6B361D43515B7D54192A
Are you on LinkedIn? Add me to stay on top of new roles in the Natural Resources Sector! http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/dale-stuebing/1/999/711