Licensed Pratical Nurse (LPN) (closed)
Implement and provide support for pharmacy services and ADU implementation as they relate to all aspects of medication management in nursing facilities serviced by pharmacy. Implementation team members are the primary resource for training facility personnel. Responsibilities also include evaluating implementation and supporting conversion from previous pharmacy to new pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Complete facility profile, technology and service assessment.
* Provide in-service and training to all facility nursing staff over multiple shifts.
* Complete acceptance criteria and related reports and test automated dispensing unit (ADU) prior to implementation.
* Per state regulations load initial canister inventory.
* Coordinate the order, delivery and implementation of the pharmacy dedicated fax machines.
* Coordinate the order and delivery of Med Carts with Operation Support Team.
* Complete Medication Administration Report (MAR) to cart audit for all medication and treatment carts.
* Deliver coaching and feedback to implementation team members to assure optimal team performance.
* Apply understanding and familiarity with pharmacy regulations to support successful ADU implementation.
* Assumes a lead role in delivery of group training at facility, follow-up and reassessment.
* Deliver EKits and assure that order and security procedures are understood.
* Provide on-site go-live support (10 days).
* Licensed LPN licensed and/or registered with the State Board of Pharmacy and in good standing
* One - two years of experience in the Long Term Care industry, preferred
* Previous training experience, preferred
* Valid driver's license with good driving record and valid insurance
* 95% travel required and must have flexible schedule due to client's needs
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
* Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
* Ability to understand relevant State and Federal requirements surrounding the use of Automated Dispensing equipment, pharmacy and nursing facility regulations
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and interpret procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and facility staff
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Program; specifically MS Excel is preferred
* Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations
* Ability to work and produce results under pressure
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Ongoing education through Golden University
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid trainings and certifications
* Mentoring programs and more
We are always seeking skilled professionals who are ready to take pride in their work and grow their expertise. We'll reward your dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and more. Join us and contribute your energy, experience and knowledge to redefining the future of care. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.