Data Networks Engineer (Comm Tech) (closed)
THE CLIENT has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
THE CLIENT, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
THE CLIENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
THE CLIENT , builds and operates the key technology platforms that group companies rely on to operate their business and to deliver services. Within THE CLIENT, there is an immediate opening for seasoned Data Network Engineers to join the progressive Communications Technology team which is responsible for operating and transforming our internal and external communication systems.
This position will be focused on the modernization, implementation, operation and monitoring of our global data communication infrastructure. We are looking for a highly technical individual with proven experience in managing large Cisco campus data networks in multiple geographies. This position involves participation in an on-call rota to providing global 24x7 support to the company.
- Experience in large, global 24x7x365 enterprise environments (10+ countries, 100+ locations, 1,000+ elements, 10,000 + users)
- Awareness of latest trends in : data and voice technology, network security, virtualization and cloud
- Execution of large scale transformation projects
- Knowledge of ITIL and latest trends in operational best practice
- Clear thinker with proven ability to work with complexity and ambiguity
- Resilience and stamina to sustain high performance standards under pressure
Strong customer service ethic and the ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with anyone in the business
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to debug complex application/network performance issues through correlation of data from multiple packet captures.
- Team player with experience working in highly distributed environments
- Expert knowledge of large campus Cisco data networks:
- Catalyst, Nexus, ISR, ASA, WLC,
- WAASEIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RPVST+
- Large wireless implementations
- Experience with Internet routing, VPN, IPS/IDS, UTM, DNS, AD, load balancing, virtual networking, video conferencing is beneficial
- Travel within the US and internationally as required.
- Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred
- CCNP minimum, CCIE preferred
- ITIL certifications a plus
Job Segments: CCNP, Cisco, Communications, Database, Education, Engineer, Engineering, Marketing, Network, Network Security, Operations, Security, Technology, Telecom, Telecommunications, Training, Virtualization
Recruiter: Susan H.