Principal Software Engineer (closed)
Do you want to innovate, stand out amongst your peers, see your work being used by thousands of small businesses all around you - and go home feeling energized every day All of this while working on latest technologies and helping to build massively scalable systems at one of the fastest SaaS companies around? Come work at a place where agility, developer productivity and continuous improvement are valued, and architectural and product roadmaps are downright kick-ass!
Here at Constant Contact, we believe that if you offer challenging projects to smart people, and give them the freedom to invent, you can create powerful software while being part of a fun, collaborative environment. For this particular position, we are looking for someone interested in being the technical lead within our development organization for Security and Compliance - you will be the point of technical ownership for this. This includes a wide array of responsibilities - read on!
- Implementation of cutting edge web applications for a high volume SaaS platform
- Collaboration with other functional groups - design, product management and marketing
- Vocal participation in code reviews and retrospectives
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Working within a Services Oriented Architecture
- Aggressive refactoring
- Enthusiastic unit, integration, and functional testing.
- Most of all, have fun doing all of the above and more!
- In-depth knowledge of Java, OO programming, and modern web applications built on distributed service architecture
- Craftmanship level commitment to quality software
- Comfort traversing the whole Java and Web stack: client-side through the persistence layer
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas (the more you know, the better):
- Web application frameworks such as Spring, Rails, Grails, Struts, etc.
- Relational and NoSQL database knowledge and experience (MySQL, Cassandra, Oracle, DB2). ORM framework knowledge such as MyBatis, Hibernate.
- Designing and consuming RESTful APIs and associated technologies such as JSON, XML, HTTP client, OpenID, OAuth.
- Experience with J2EE application servers including JBoss, Tomcat, Apache
- Actively experimenting with new technologies
- Ability to optimize and tune for performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain ideas to both technical and non-technical people (Ok, we don't have non-technical people but still)