Digital Editor (closed)
Construction News is looking for a digital editor to take charge of our website cnplus.co.uk and spearhead our social media activity.
This is an exciting and senior role with considerable autonomy and responsibility. You will be working closely with the editor and collaborating with an ambitious, passionate editorial team who are keen to exploit the power of the Construction News brand to push our digital content and engagement to new levels. You will also need to work well with CN’s marketing and commercial teams.
The role provides vast scope to contribute to a brand that is hugely respected in its market and beyond and become the face of its digital development.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, imaginative and have plenty of initiative.
In addition, you will:
- Be on top of the latest trends in online news provision and able to react quickly to current events
- Be able to curate and nurture an online community to increase engagement and brand loyalty
- Be skilled at presenting present information in the most relevant way possible for the content, audience and method of consumption (desktop, mobile, iPad)
- Have knowledge of the legal responsibilities of online publishing
- Have a good or at least basic knowledge of HTML
- Be confident leading the team on best practice for online content
- Have a good understanding of SEO
- Be knowledgeable about established social media channels and be comfortable exploring new platforms as they emerge
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com